Global Implementation Society
Implementation practice and science are developing rapidly in human services in nations around the globe. The Global Implementation Society (GIS) advances implementation practice and science by supporting members and by directly undertaking projects to develop implementation as a profession based on knowledge and standards for practice.
Membership in the Global Implementation Society joins you to a community of professionals who are developing and using new and better ways of providing human services (implementation practice) and who are generating knowledge about how best to do this (implementation research, implementation policy). Members represent a variety of service sectors, have different professional and disciplinary backgrounds, and are from high- and low-resource settings across the globe.
The special and inclusive features of this transdisciplinary global community bring benefits to members not available elsewhere and allows members to gain from and contribute to this fast-developing field. Among the tangible benefits of membership are:
- Access to members-only open educational resources that include online webinars, resources, presentations, discussion materials, and other resources that can be used, shared, and further developed by members
- Early registration opportunities for professional development sessions globally
- Reduced registration fees for the Global Implementation Conference (GIC) and Global Implementation Education events
- Access to live streaming of GIC plenary presentations
- Easy access to other members to seek advice and help based on implementation projects they or others have done, but which are not widely publicized
- Participation in developing implementation as a recognized professional discipline; for example
- Recommendations for standards to define the profession
- Requests for content desired for webinars and Conferences
- Suggestions for content for web based resources
- Contributions of research and reports to the on-line Global Implementation Journal
- The right to reference yourself as a “Member of the Global Implementation Society”
- Nominate and elect members of the Global Implementation Initiative Board of Directors
- *Opportunity to take part in the Global Implementation Education program
- *Receipt of on-line GII publications
- *Receipt of the on-line Global Implementation Journal
- *Access to technical manuals and tools tested and useful in practice
- *Plus other benefits developed by the membership
(*) These benefits are under development
Those who register as a member of the Global Implementation Society in 2018 will be designated as a “Founding Member of GIS.” Dues for Founding Members for calendar year 2018 are set at $10 US. The cost of membership is reduced because member benefits will be limited at the start and increasing during 2018, and because Founding Members are expected to provide energy (instead of financial resources) to initiate and grow the Society.
Beginning January 2019, the dues for new and continuing members will be:
|Founding Member (2018)||1-year (2019)||2-years (2019 & 2020)|
|Individual (North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore||$10||$150*||$250*|
|Individual (citizen of country other than above)||$10||$50||$80|
|Student (North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore)||$10||$50||$80|
|Student (citizen of country other than above)||$10||$25||$40|
|Organizational membership||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
*Dues are in US Dollars (USD)
*For those who already pay dues to any of the GII Affiliated Networks (a signed, formal Memorandum of Understanding is in place), the GII Membership dues will be reduced by the amount paid to the Affiliated Network.
*Up to half the Membership dues paid to GII can be used to offset GIC registration
*The only membership type being offered during the Golbal Implementation Society inaugral year is the Individual Founding Member ($10 for the 2018 calendar year). All individuals wishing to support GIS in this exciting time should register as a Founding Member at the $10 rate.
*For the 2018 calendar year there will be no established rates for Organizational Memberships. Organizations wishing to support GIS in the 2018 calendar year are welcome to make a donation of any amount and will be recognized on the GIS website as Founding Organizational Members.