First Annual Virtual Implementation Summit
About the Summit
GIS is hosting its first annual virtual IMPLEMENTATION SUMMIT with a focus on implementation science’s impact on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The Summit is a place where we can learn about how Implementation Science is being applied in specific settings. We will invite discussions regarding how implementation science may improve application of the use of Evidence Based/Evidence Informed programs and practices in these settings. It is an event for all levels of understanding regarding implementation science and/or the use of Evidence Based/Evidence Informed programs and practices.
The dates of the event: June 12-13-14 2023
ABOUT THE EVENT
Implementation science is important for advancing evidence based programs and practices. Nowhere is this more poignant or important than in the global approach to advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
There are many people and programs being applied throughout the world to address these goals and make a positive impact – we want to learn about these programs AND explore together HOW, with a greater understanding of implementation science, we may support a deepened impact!
Unlike other events in implementation science, the Summit invites discussion and exploration of what we can do together. We will hear from leaders and experts providing support to advance the sustainable development goals using implementation science frameworks, and we will explore how implementation science may be woven into programs and how these approaches may advance work.
All levels of professionals involved in application of evidence based programs/practices are encouraged to attend.
- Researchers - share your learnings and evidence
- Practitioners - implementation specialists: coaches, evaluators, facilitators; front line professionals using EBPs; administrators
- Policy Makers/Decision-Makers - administrators; bureaucrats; legislators; regulators; CEOs; all individuals in the role of decision maker
We will address the conceptual to the actual and everything in between – we hope to consider implementation science’s impact and opportunities to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Let’s work together!
FORMAT OF THE EVENT
The event will be virtual running over THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS at different times of day in order to accommodate a global audience. Presentations can be pre-recorded or presented LIVE/VIRTUAL.
We will be inviting a variety of different formats for presentations. First we want to learn what may be of interest to you and what you may want to consider presenting on. ALL SUBMISSIONS and SUGGESTIONS will be considered.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
March 13-April 17 -- Call for presentations and suggestions
April 24 -- Notification of presentation status
May 12 -- Confirmation of presenter format (both in person or recorded and/or any other format requirements)
May 29 -- Provide materials necessary for presenting including the following
- CV/Biography for intro purposes
- Additional materials for attendees (handouts or reference materials)
June 10 -- A copy of any presentation (powerpoint or similar presentation program)
This is a great opportunity to share what you know – share what you are working on – share what works and what challenges you have faced!
All are invited to submit presentations -- even if you have not presented before, if you have some wisdom, experience, guidance or insight regarding programs/practices that support or are impacted by the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we want to hear from you!
How to Participate
We are seeking presentations focused on programming and actions related to the sustainable development goals. This can include evidence based programs or evidence informed programs. We want to learn about what is working…and what might not be working!
All sessions will include time for discussing how implementation science is impacting the support of the sustainable development goals. We will consider the benefits of implementation science as well as improvement and advancement of programs/actions through or by the use of implementation science.
If you have an idea for a session and are interested in working with a partner/mentor to more fully develop a submission, that is possible too. We invite anyone with information to share to submit either a presentation idea or a suggestion. The more, the better!
- All professionals working in Implementation Science are invited to offer a suggestion and/or submission!
- All professionals involved in Evidence Based/Evidence Informed practices are invited to offer a suggestion and/or submission
- All professionals working on programs related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals are invited to offer a suggestion and/or submission.
DO YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION?
Tell us about programs or speakers you think would contribute to shared learning regarding how implementation is impacting support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Below are few prompts to stimulate possible suggestions for you to offer regarding programs, practices and work that may offer some excellent insight for attendees! Suggestions are not limited to responding to the questions below -- all suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
- What programs are working to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What programs ARE NOT working but continue nevertheless?
- Who is working on programs connected to the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- Where is there work supporting programs advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What programs are being supported in your region that are successfully improving your region?
ARE YOU WORKING ON A PROGRAM RELATED TO THE UN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS?
Share your experiences with an audience interested in learning and understanding how to promote your efforts and expand your reach!
Below are few prompts to stimulate possible submissions for you to share regarding your work! All submissions will be considered and are not limited to providing answers to the questions below!
- What are you working on currently that is potentially advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What challenges are you facing with your work in attempting to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What data have you collected, what have you learned, what trends do you see related to advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- How have your practices changed in an effort to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- What policies have been enacted in your region that are designed to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals?