Updated Competencies for Implementation Facilitators (Second Edition) – ¡También en Español!
The GIS statement of facilitator competencies was developed to enable:
- People to self-assess their own competencies – their strengths and weaknesses,
- Managers to recruit staff or contract services to facilitate implementation,
- Programs and courses providing learning for practical implementers (as opposed to researchers),
- Services accrediting and certifying programs or individuals,
- Other stakeholders, such as funding agencies wishing to support service development through implementing innovations.
We should recognize John Øvretveit and Paul Tortoloni for their leadership on the GIS Standards & Competencies committee and their hard work in driving the development and improvement of this resource. The committee is already at work on a THIRD edition, incorporating equity as a foundational consideration in these competencies - and all GIS members are invited to participate in that process. If you're not a member, join GIS today!
¡También en Español! Competencias Para Personas Que Facilitan La Implementación
We also have to recognize the outstanding work of Sergio Chacón Armijo, Daniel A. Díaz Vera, & Rodrigo Rojas-Andrade for their hard work in translating this document to Spanish! This project is a testament to what our truly global society can achieve, together.